#FridayFinds: Somebody’s Darling
This week, Dallas-based Somebody’s Darling released their new album Adult Roommates. They have been touring this summer and aren’t stopping any time soon. I had a chance to say hello to them last time they were in Houston and recently grabbed some of Amber Farris’ time (lead vocals and guitar) to learn a little more about the band. They had an album release party in late August and added Houston favorites The Suffers to the bill. So, you know that was one hell of a party. Get to know Somebody’s Darling, pick up their fresh new album and see them at Dosey Doe on October 9th.
Lauren Ignited: What would you say is the band’s biggest binding force?
Amber Farris: I honestly think it’s our ability to get along. We’ve been in a band for awhile now and it’s pretty remarkable we have not ripped each other’s faces off. We tour in a 15 passenger van halfgear/half humans. 3 weeks out can get rough but we really have a great time. This allows us to keep the positive energy going while we write, record, and practice. It works.
– What is your best memory from the album release party?
– How did you select the bands to play the release party with you?
– Did you see any similarities between the bands/band dynamic since both you and The Suffers are mostly dudes with one girl?
No I really don’t think that matters. This is a mans business for sure but when you have talented woman like Kam Franklin fronting an all male band it really doesn’t matter It’s just about good music. I think people see that in us as well.
– What is the best memory from recording and producing the album?
– You are getting a lot of really great press. how are you receiving that? are you envisioning big things in the months, year, years to come?
What’s #FridayFinds? Every Friday, I post new albums from artists we all love, or new artists that maybe we don’t know yet. Expand your music library and maybe even learn more about the artists that you live in the city you’re from.