Experience Brazil with iFest!
This is the last weekend for iFest, folks. Don’t miss out on this amazing cultural experience. From art to music to food and more, the folks behind iFest have been hard at work all year round to make sure you feel the spirit of Brazil. I attended both days last weekend (and even stole the mayorship away from Jay M.) and had an absolute blast. (I was lucky even enough to catch Bootsy Collins in action and meet every member of the Wailers…I know, crazy. I feel blessed.)
So, don’t miss your chance this weekend to be a part of the only Houston festival that brings artists, musicians, food and culture to your doorstep from countries all around the world. Need another reason? Ok, this weekend’s headliners include Los Lobos and Aaron Neville. Buy your ticket early, skip the line and enjoy this beautiful Houston weather!
As an iFest veteran (I’ve been every year since 2006), I’d like to pass on some tips that have helped me in the past. Enjoy!
- Take a look at the map to get oriented before you head out
- Park at Dallas & Clay; it’s $5 and two blocks from the entrance
- Eat a big breakfast and bring cash for fun festival treats you only get to experience once in awhile. Coupons are used to purchase food & drinks; bring $40-60 cash to purchase the coupons, they go quick!
- Bring your kids! Kids (under 12) are free on Sundays! There are lots of interactive activities for children and families in the kids world.
- Take a look at the music lineup and pick your favorites, then show up early to get a front row seat. Where else can you pay $15 to see music legends inches from you?!
- Catch the Carnaval parade! It happens twice a day. Don’t. Miss. This.
- Bring Sunscreen. Don’t be silly. It may be cold today, but we still live in Texas, y’all.
That’s it! Come out and have some fun!