Cristina Hendrickson Creates Divine Treats for Primehouse
Cristina Hendrickson is an Executive Pastry Chef at Primehouse, the #1 Steakhouse in Chicago voted by Chicago magazine. Working alongside James Beard nominated chefs to landing her prestigious role at Primeshouse, Cristina found baking to be her calling from an early age. Learning how to bake from her mother and grandmother, she used her knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit to start a business as early as high school teaching baking classes out of her parent’s kitchen. Cristina’s hard work, creativity and meticulousness are a few ingredients to her recipe for success. Take a listen to find out what she turns up to to rock out in the kitchen (hint: it’s a poppy rager), what five ingredients are essential to her baking and why ginger is the secret ingredient to a killer fruit pie.
Try This Week’s Recipe
- 1140 grams of AP Flour
- 570 grams Unsalted Butter
- 12.5 grams Salt
- 25 grams Vanilla Paste
- 120 grams Egg Yolks (plus extra)
- 400 grams White Chocolate Chips
- Sugar in the Raw
- Cream together the butter, sugar and salt until combined
- Add in the egg yolks until just combined
- Add in the AP flour until just combined
- Add in the white chocolate chips until just combined
- Line an 18″ x 13″ sheet pan with a Silpat or parchment paper
- Put your dough into your prepared pan and top with another Silpat or parchment paper and roll until smooth and even
- Remove Silpat or parchment paper
- Dock with a fork, brush with extra egg yolks and sprinkle an even layer of sugar in the raw on top
- Bake 350F degree oven for 45 – 50 minutes
- Cut while still warm with serrated knife, 1×2 inches
**Substitutions: Sub other chocolate (chips or chopped) for white chocolate chips also can sub dried fruit (dried cranberries/dried cherries)
Give us some Feedback!
Did you make the recipe? Share your results in the comments below!
We are now sponsored by Audible and happy to announce that you can now download a free book of your choice! Happy Reading!