5 Things You Didn’t Know About Andra Day
Andra Day ended 2015 on a strong note with Grammy nominations for both Best R&B Performance for “Rise Up” and Best R&B Album for Cheers to the Fall. I have a feeling that 2016 is going to be a good year for her. If you are new to her sound, or a fan that wants to know more, read on. I think these 5 things will only make you love her more!
- She was picked up by Warner Brothers Music as a result of this cover:
2. Her first album, Cheers to the Fall, featured ?uestlove, James Poyser of The Roots, DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Dap-Kings of Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings.
3. Spike Lee Directed her music video for “Forever Mine.”
4. You can wear her jewelry.
5. You can see her LIVE on tour in these cities:
Mon Feb 29 San Francisco, CA Bimbo’s 365 Club
Tue Mar 1 San Diego, CA The Observatory – North Park
Fri Mar 4 Dallas, TX Granada Theater
Sun Mar 6 Houston, TX The Studio at Warehouse Live
Mon Mar 7 New Orleans, LA House of Blues – New Orleans
Wed Mar 9 Nashville , TN 3rd & Lindsley
Thu Mar 10 Atlanta, GA CenterStage
Sat Mar 12 Detroit, MI St Andrews Hall
Tue Mar 15 Chicago, IL Lincoln Hall
Thu Mar 17 Toronto, ON Mod Club
Fri Mar 18 Montréal, QC Corona Theatre
Sun Mar 20 Cambridge, MA The Sinclair
Mon Mar 21 Washington, DC Sixth & I Historic Synagogue
Thu Mar 24 Ardmore, PA The Ardmore Music Hall
Fri Mar 25 New York, NY Webster Hall
Wed Mar 30 Los Angeles, CA El Rey